Steps to Creating a Campaign:
- Register for an account (here). For fastest approval, use your .edu email address. Otherwise, you’ll need to send an enrollment verification certificate from the National Student Clearinghouse to be approved.
- Click on the “Creator Account” tab to connect (or set up) your Stripe account so that you can receive payments. Once the Stripe account is connected, you will be returned to our site.
- Click on “Create Project”
- Please fill out all of the fields.
- “Number of Levels” gives you flexibility! We recommend two – a level for “One-Time Donation” and a second level for “Monthly Donation.” Make sure to use this wording in the “Level Title.”
- Under Level Fund Type, choose “Immediately Deliver Funds” for the One Time Donation level, and “Subscription – Monthly” for the Monthly Donation level.
- The level price and limit should be left blank for One-Time Donation (so donors can choose their own amount). For Monthly Donation you’ll need to add a level price (i.e. $25).
- You can leave the level description blank.
- Once you’re done, click “Submit for Review.”
Update your donors regularly. You don’t want to end a campaign and then wait an entire semester (or year) before you communicate with them again (translation: don’t wait until you need more money to reconnect). If you have a summer internship coming up, let your donors know. If you made honors this semester, that’s something to share with them too. Keep the relationship going with the people who have invested (literally) in your education.